600g chicken (cut into pieces)
2 tins of chopped tomatoes
1 large onion
100g meat mix masala
plenty of extra vigin olive oil
salt and pepper
500g of natural yoghurt
*can also be made with fish/meat/potatoes
- place plenty of oil into sauce pan along with garlic and ginger paste. heat until you can smell the pastes.
- put in the chicken and onions and cook until the chicken has cooked through to the center. make sure nothing sticks underneath.
- stir in the chopped tomatoes then add the shan mix. keep stirring
- season with salt and pepper and lemon juice to bring out more flavour. keep stirring
- leave to simmer and ocasionally stir so nothing sticks to bottom
- 5 minues before you are going to serve add plenty of yoghurt and taste until the spiciness is to your taste.
- add most of the coriander leaving some for decoration
serve with rice and maybe a nan bread