1 pkg. Oreo brand cookies
70g cup melted unsalted butter
3 pkgs. cream cheese (8 oz.)*
180g cup granulated sugar
200g cup sour cream *
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Whipped cream and additional cookies for garnish
* should be at room temperature
- Finely crush 25-30 of the cookies and combine with the melted butter to form bottom crust. For the bottom I scrape the cream off. The cookies used to garnish I keep the cream in, Press firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9 inch pan.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar together with electric mixer set on medium until they are creamy. Lightly beat eggs and blend in one at a time by hand. Add sour cream and vanilla and continue to blend well.
- Coarsely chop remaining oreos and fold into the blended batter. Pour mixture into crust in baking pan.
- Bake in a 350° F oven for 50-60 minutes or until firmly set. Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes and remove by carefully running a knife around the outer edge.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and serve garnished with whipped cream and half an oreo.